Community Action Grant $15,000
Black Hills Area Community Foundation $15,000 Community Action Grant
This $15,000 grant opportunity is only available to BHACF Agency Endowed Fund Holders. This grant will be awarded to an organization that is employing innovative ideas, leveraging community partnerships, and focusing efforts on sustainable practices. The BHACF Board of Directors will select an organization to receive the Community Action Grant.
Applicants must be an IRS 501(c)3 public charity, school, government entity or religious organization. Applicants must also have an agency endowed fund with the Black Hills Area Community Foundation (BHACF). Requested support must be for organizations or activities that take place in one or more counties in the geographic focus of BHACF: Butte, Custer, Fall River, Lawrence, Meade, Oglala Lakota, and Pennington.
You must currently have an agency endowed fund with BHACF to qualify for the Community Action Grant.
What Types of Projects Are Funded?
BHACF supports a wide variety of proposals. Requests can address issues in: Animal Welfare, Arts and Culture, Environment and Natural Resources, Community and Economic Development, Youth and/or families, Social/Human Services, Education, Housing, Food Security and Disaster and Recovery.
Requests can support ongoing or new programs/projects.
What Types of Projects Are NOT Funded?
- Grants will not be awarded to support religious activity, political activity, fundraisers or benefits, debt retirement, or organizations working to primarily influence legislation.
- Supported activities may NOT discriminate against any individual or group based on race, gender, gender expression, age, disability, religion, ethnic or national origin, or otherwise legally protected groups.
- BHACF will not serve as an applicant for sponsored programs.
- Funding for multi-year projects or support will not be considered.
- Grant funds cannot be used for reimbursement of any expenses incurred prior to the grant notification date.
- Please do not submit any requests of support for capital campaigns, they will not be considered.