Located in the Black Hills of western South Dakota, Liv Hospitality, LLC is an independent, professional hospitality management company featuring award-winning properties near some of the most captivating vacation destinations in the country. From the largest indoor waterpark in the Dakotas to full-service gaming resorts, Liv Hotel Group specializes in the development, ownership, marketing, and management of over a dozen Black Hills hotels, resort properties, restaurants, gaming establishments, and bars in Rapid City and Deadwood, S.D.
We believe in the importance of investing in our local communities, and in turn, investing in the people who help us become the best. Every year, Liv Hospitality gives back to local charities and other worthy causes, and we encourage participation for various fundraising events and volunteer efforts.
“We feel that it is very important that all of us embrace the idea of giving back and contributing to the community in which we live.”
Caleb Arceneaux, Liv Hospitality CEO
The LIV TO GIVE Community Grant
Liv to Give got its start in 2007 as “Kevin Morsching Day,” an event held to honor a young man named Kevin who lost his life after a tragic accident. The benefit raised over $30,000 for the family.
The giving continues to this day, with recurring donations made to the Arete Foundation in memory of Kevin Morsching and to the Scott Grimsrud Scholarship: an award started in 2009 to honor Scott Grimsrud, a friend of the organization and inspiration to many in the community. That same year, the Liv to Give Foundation was established as a component fund of the Black Hills Area Community Foundation (BHACF). Once a year, WaTiki Indoor Waterpark – along with Fairfield Inn & Suites, La Quinta Inn & Suites, Sliders Barb & Grill – would host a daylong fundraiser. All proceeds made at all four properties for the entire day would be donated to local non-profit organizations.
Since then, Live to Give has raised more than $600,000 through numerous events including the Taste of the Black Hills, the Liv to Give Golf Tournament, and donation boxes in our casinos for guests to drop their winning tickets. These funds are distributed to various worthy, non-profit programs in the Black Hills, including Front Porch Coalition, OneHeart, and the Abbott House.
- Applicants must be an IRS-approved tax-exempt public charity under section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) as described in IRC 501(c)(3) and in good standing with the IRS.
- Applications will be accepted starting March 1, 2023
- Applications are due by April 30th, 2023.
- Preference will be given to projects and organizations that benefit children.
- Organizations must operate in the Black Hills Region; priority will be given to Organizations in Deadwood and Rapid City.
- The maximum allowable grant designated within this opportunity is $5,000.
- Award recipients will be announced sometime in May 2023.